|“||Oh, my gosh! You're the president! And I'm not wearing pants!||”|
— Garrett when meeting the president.
A school trip to Washington, D.C. lands the five in trouble with the White House when the first dog is stolen and the gang is at the center of the investigation.
|The whole school goes to a trip to Washington D.C. to meet the White House. Once there, Lindy wants to see the president, but ends up stuck outside of the balcony while Delia and Jasmine are out. Upon arriving, Garrett still loathes hotels, but soon learns to like them after he gets to know the spa. Logan goes out and meet Senator Snell, who thinks Logan has good traits to work on government. Delia wants an official Penelope Harkness stamp, so she dresses as a statue of her and wants Jasmine to help her to cheer people and achieve her goal. Everyone besides her, however, thinks this is stupid. The president's dog accidentally gets in Delia's purse before they return to the hotel. After they meet at the hotel, some agents come for the missing dog and the five friends are taken to an interrogation, where they try to tell what happened.|
- Olivia Holt as Lindy Watson
- Austin North as Logan Watson
- Piper Curda as Jasmine Kang
- Peyton Clark as Garrett Spenger
- Sarah Gilman as Delia Delfano
- Rob Nagle as Interrogator
- Renee Percy as News Reporter
- Annie Abbott as Cleaning Lady
- Reggie Brown as President
- Kevin Symons as Senator Snell
- This episode features the White House.
- The same person who portrays Barack Obama in another Disney Channel series, Austin & Ally stars as Barack Obama in this episode.
- In this episode, the president names their dog Penelope Barkness after Penelope Harkness, the Pioneer Woman, after Delia was shown idolizing her and fighting for her to earn a stamp.
- Garrett's problem of failing to complete puzzles is referred to again since Dear High School Self.
- When Delia has a tin face, Jasmine says "Get a heart, Tin man!". It is a homage to the Wizard of Oz where the Tin Man desperately desires to have a heart.
- This is the second time the gang go on a trip, the first being in Snow Problem.
- This episode was Sarah Gilman's favourite from Season 1.
- When the gang is being interrogated, Garrett's G switches to the other side of his bathrobe.
- When the gang is being interrogated, it is revealed that they had been recorded walking down the airport during the events of The New Guy. This is not possible since it was Garrett's own version of how it actually happened.
- June 27, 2014 (Canada)
- September 5, 2014 (Japan)
- September 7, 2014 (Latin America and Brazil)
- September 13, 2014 (Poland)
- October 20, 2014 (Australia)
Lindy: I have two days to see 23 monuments, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, and the 44th president.
Delia:Slow down there, Numbers! We're going to Washington D.C. Not Math-achusetts.
Lindy: I can't wait to leave this hotel!
Garrett: (Walks up to Lindy) I am never leaving this hotel!
President: There she is! There's my pup! (The dog jumps into his arms) Who's the greatest dog in the free world? You are, yes you are! We really gotta give you a name. (Sniffs) And a bath.
Garrett: Oh, my gosh! You're the president! And I'm not wearing pants!
Logan: Garrett, you do know the school trip is to Washington D.C, not Mars.
Garrett: Mars would be cleaner. Unlike a hotel, thousands of people haven't slept there, let alone gone to the bathroom there.
Logan: What are you going to do? Hold it in the whole time?
Garrett: No. This suit comes equipped with a 16 ounce potty pocket. Aah. Yup, that works.
Logan: I love that fresh hotel room smell.
Garrett: All I can smell is the strangers who were on that bed, and in that chair, and in that bathroom.
Logan: To be fair, I think I still smell that last one, too.
Garrett: I hate hotels. They make me nervous. I'm sweating. I need a cold drink. (Walks over to the fridge)
Logan: (on the bed) Ooh, this butt divot fits me perfect. Let's see what's on TV. Or out the window.
Garrett: I feel like pineapple juice, but I think the sodium in tomato might replenish me.
Logan: That thimble of pineapple juice is like 11 bucks!
Garrett: What?! That's highway robbery!
Logan: Put it back! Quick! The mini-fridge has a thirty second timer, and if everything isn't back exactly how it was, they'll charge you for it!
Logan: We don't have time for your weird gasp. Go!
Garrett: Help me! Help me put it all back! - Wait.
Logan: No, no, no. It's like a puzzle.
Garrett: You know I hate puzzles!
Logan: Where does the triangle chocolate bar go?
Garrett: I got this.
(The drink roles under the bed and they both panic)
Garrett: Do something! It's about to blow!
(Logan runs over to the fridge and puts the drink back in)
Logan: We did it.
Garrett: I'm exhausted. I really do need something to drink.
(Garrett opens the fridge, causing the buzzer to go off.)
Logan: Seriously? You brought your own air mattress?
Garrett: Oh, this is not just any air mattress. This is a germ-free portable sleep system. It emits a high frequency wave of sound that discourages bugs, bacteria, and dander.
Logan: What discourages you?
Garrett: While you wallow in hotel filth I will be sleeping on a cloud of sterile comfort.(Gets on mattress)
Logan: Or the floor. (Pops mattress)
Garrett: Please call my mother. I want to go home.
(Logan looks at Garrett annoyed.)
Logan: I met the greatest guy today. He's a senetor and he thinks I'm smart enough to work in goverment.
Lindy: I'm moving to Canada
Logan: Well, I'm done. I can check DC off my list.
| To view the In the Doghouse with the White House gallery, click here.